I bought this Fender Custom Shop 1961 Relic Telecaster in 2014 from Pro Guitar Shop in Portland, OR. I don’t actually remember the price, but it was less than what they were asking because they were closing the store.
Debuted in the early 60s, the custom Telecaster instantly became a classic with its double-bound body and striking appearance. The Tele took on a more sophisticated look and has always been a much sought after guitar. This version combines some of Fender’s most requested specs along with their Twisted Tele pickup set designed by Fender’s world reknown master builders. Features include a #3 C-shaped neck with a dark Indian rosewood fingerboard, taller 6105 frets, 9.5” radius, and modern switching. The body is hand-selected lightweight ash.
- Body: Double bound hand selected lightweight ash
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer – black
- Neck: Maple with an early 60s “C” back shape
- Fingerboard: Dark Indian Rosewood (9.5” radius)
- Frets: 6105
- Hardware: Nickel
- Bridge: Vintage with threaded saddles
- Wiring: Custom Modern Tele
- Controls: Volume/Tone, 3-way switch
- Included: Case, certificate of authenticity
The first thing I recorded with it was this:
Also heard on songs 1, 7-12 on SRVCBL :: 2104