Venusblaster Bridge Trouble

I made the mistake of buying the non-metric version of a Tonepros bridge for the Venusblaster. I had Warmoth rout the recessed-TOM bridge rout, which is technically for a GOTOH bridge, which uses 11mm anchors which take 8mm studs. Like almost all music gear retailer sites, the tonepros site SUCKS. It does not offer any specific information about dimensions or diagrams.

After realizing my error, rather than find a conversion part, I bought a GOTOH bridge. I don’t like it, and I really want to use the graph-tech saddles that came with my Tonepros. The GOTOH is CHEAPOH, and doesn’t have locking studs. Yesterday, I ordered a pair of adapter studs from allparts for $10, which I wish I would have done originally rather than waste $25 on the GOTOH. These will allow me to have smaller studs screwed into the much larger metric anchors from the GOTOH.

In the picture below, the Tonepros is on top, and the GOTOH is below.


I got the adapter studs and anchors today from allparts.


The anchors from the GOTOH are deeper, and one is already inserted, so I will be using those anchors – not the new ones.


The GOTOH studs are also longer, but that doesn’t matter.


Here’s what an anchor looks like fully pressed in so that it is flush with the bottom of the recessed rout. It is important to scrape out all of the finish from the holes AND the counter-bore so that the lip sinks in.


Here is one of the new adapter studs screwed into the anchor.


Here’s the tonepros bridge mounted on the new studs. Problem solved.


One thought on “Venusblaster Bridge Trouble

  1. SWEET. This looks great. Nice job with the workaround on this, and I like how the saddles match the pickup covers. That paint job is really nice, too.

Leave a Reply